Thursday, August 13, 2009

On the Market

To what shall you give your soul? Who or what is worthy of it? And at what price shall it be given? If you say you are in control of your own soul, what will send you into despair? Find what it is that you cannot part with, and you have found something that has at least a part of you. Is it, or are they a worthy owner? How many worthy owners are there? And let's just say that there's just one (worthy owner). How would that effect your life? If there's more than one worthy owner, how do you know that it is worthy? Are you worthy? Can you be trusted with your soul? If there is only one worthy owner, than it matters if you're an atheist, because if you're not than anything less than all of you to God is a divided soul, also known as idolatry. Can this describe the human condition? We're all just a bunch of misplaced souls, divided, and lost in our idolatry? Where is salvation? And how shall my soul be one, and owned by God? The Calvinist says: "By God's decision". The Pelagian says: "By my decision" The American says: "I second Pelagius". The Catholic says: "What Augustine said" The atheist says:"Irrelevant, I am not lost" I could go on and on declaring what I think people would say in response to the question. As for me. I have what I think is an answer, but I'd rather try and keep in step with the mood of this post, and stick with the question. What do you think?

No comments: