Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Positivity

Is the preference of negativity over positivity to be considered insane? Some people are happily unhappy. Does this seem weird to anyone? However, I find myself having a succinct disdain for happy people because I assume that they're being fake. How miserable? Is not happiness basically pleasurable, and is it not natural to want to be happy, by virtue that it feels good? But not at the expense of authenticity. I never feel fake when I'm happy, because I am truly happy. Still, I have come to see that my disdain for happiness is not really based on a false assumption, but on a form of selfishness in which I am feeling out of sink with the happy person. And this is selfish, because it is my feelings, not his, which concern me. It would be just as selfish to maintain exuberance when someone needs comfort for the same reason that I am requiring someone to be feeling the same as me. However, I do believe it is possible to be pleased and also displeased at the same time, to love and to hate, to be joyful and sympathetic. I also believe that the good human being not only knows how to act, but knows how to feel. And is in control of not only his actions, but also his feelings, still more his thoughts. The three may also not be as dependant, as it at first appears, although connected. (Actions, feelings, and thoughts) We should see first that actions are based on principles. That feelings by the employment of right actions are to eventually succumb to good feelings about right actions. And also that disciplined thoughts produce good feelings, which makes it easier to produce good actions which makes it easier to have good feelings. This is all.

No comments: