Thursday, March 12, 2009

Speaking of Funks...

Speaking of funks, my friend is in a serious indy movie funk right now. He routinely watches movies. Every night after work he wathces some new movie he bought on ebay that nobody, but some art festival in Arizona, has ever heard of. I kind of like it though. He's not afraid to be critical, even though he's only 21, just because he's not a professional actor. But the remarkable thing is that he's not pretentious. He just knows what he likes. And he likes to talk about theology too.
I actually was just having a surprisingly fascinating conversation this morning with another friend about another friend who frequently gets into funks. I guess they are more like innocent obsessions. At one point, he was completley engrossed in "American Beauty", the movie. I guess at one point he was obsessed with "Pooty Tang". Among his vast array of innocent obsessions are DDR, and a hip-hop machine which he wanted to purchase in order to create a rap album. Already hilarious, this would be less hilarious if he wasn't a large Anglo-Saxon with admirably half-dignified, half lumbering way about himself. I hope he doesn't read this and think that I am making fun of him. I am not. If anything I am admiring his uniqueness. Same goes for the other friend.
And while I'm at it. I have another friend who was so obsessed with New Zealand that he went. He left this morning.

No comments: