Friday, November 20, 2009

Oops

One post in between. Sorry. I am a liar. Jack Kerouac is a fascinating person, a legend, an impossibly brilliant handler of words, a romantic in its most complete sense, the voice of a generation, a major literary influence, a genius, and a merely average novelist. Jack writing the way that he writes about what he writes, his novels are only about traveling the country and being really stupid. But what gives the novels substance and value is not the plot, but the meaning that Kerouac seems to give to every thought, instance, moment, emotion and happening. I said he is a novelist. I am not so sure he ever really told a story, ever had a legitimate plot. But by virtue that Jack wrote it, its more than worth the read

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks