Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Double Standard

The reason for the not convicted Big Ben Roethlisberger's suspension was "conduct detrimental to the integrity of the league". Yeah no kidding. Still vague. What is the "integrity of the league" anyway? Apparently its whatever Roger Goodell says it is. Because a Brett Favre "sexting" incident that's well documented empirical evidence is not "conduct detrimental to the integrity of the league."
I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy. I don't disagree with the Roethlisberger decision. I wouldn't even have a problem with a no decision both ways. But you can't have a split decision. Roger Goodell has concocted an image of terse morality; a disciplinarian spring cleaner. Except Brett Favre has no accountability. I'm not resorting to throwing our conspiracy theories. I'm just saying, why the double standard?

No comments: