Saturday, June 20, 2009

Reality TV

  Anyone think that reality tv is reality? Okay good. Because if you did I was going to have to do something drastic.  Wait is there anyone who thinks that the show "The Hills" is reality? (And don't get philosophical on me) It's not. I am not arguing with you.  Arguing with someone who thinks that "The Hills" is reality television is like arguing with someone who thinks that their dog talks to them. Hey, maybe I'm wrong, but you're weird. And besides, its not. Watch the show, its obvious. Okay, when reality television hit the major networks with shows like Survivor or Amazing Race, it was cool, because it was like an original game show. But now it's out of hand, with shows making up scenarios in which they can exploit people left and right.  Up and down. Diagonal and diagonal. Perpendicular. I feel like there is gotta be a reality show out there about teaching ex convicts how to crochet, or to see how long it takes the winner of this year's spelling bee and miley cyrus to breakup. We'll tape the drama. One rule: Miley has to kiss Gerald at least 9 times a day. They'll break up at the end of the year and Gerald will be a celebrity until his tweets become really boring. (How long will people care about the origin of words like tarbuloticandrosisobamaistheantichrist?) The origin is fundamental evangelical and french in case you were wondering. 
   Anyway. Nobody take any of this personally. I have a post coming up in which I seriously critique our culture and entertainment. For now this is pretty funny right? No offense to my good friend Shirley, teenage girls, tweeters, fans of any particular reality television show, the President Obama, or fundamental evangelicals. All of you are my friends. (except Obama. I don't know him)

No comments: